IN ORDER TO USE OUR SERVICES YOU NEED TO PROVIDE WILLINGLY THE FOLLOWING PERSONAL DATA:
- Name, Surname, Family name
- Phone Number, e-mail addrees
- Postal address in your country of residence
- Copy of Driver’s License as requested by Bulgarian Law
- Passport / ID number and expiration date
Any order for a service made via e-mail, telephone or website of which Selena Cars OOD has ownership means you accept all of the above. If you later decline to provide us with the needed personal data or you make use of the Affected Rights Policy you might still owe the company a financial compensation. This compensation is determined by the case and cannot exceed the cost of the purchased service.
Please contact us at any time if you would like to know which personal data we store about you or if you would like to have it corrected or deleted. Furthermore, you have the right to restrict processing of the data (Art. 18 GDPR), a right of objection to such processing (Art. 21 GDPR) and the right to data transferability(Art. 20 GDPR).
- All major credit cards are accepted at pick-up locations – Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, V Pay. Authorization of the excess amount is required – the amount of the excess is blocked (not withdrawn) from the renter’s credit card and cannot be used by the renter until Selena Cars Ltd. unblocks the amount authorized. Authorization amount is held up to 15 days after contract has finished.
- PayPal/ PayPal Credit Card – accepted via the e-mail invoice sent for order confirmation. For more info, please, check the Online Booking Process Section of the Terms.
- Bank Transfer – the e-mail invoice sent with order confirmation provides Selena Cars bank account details.
!!!Additional fees not subject to Selena Cars may apply!!!
This limitation is subject to the renter’s obligation to inform Selena Cars within 12 hours from the event and provide a police protocol or mutual agreement statement. In case no other vehicle/participant is involved in the accident and the police has refused to attend the scene, the customer should provide reference number from his call with the police. In some cases such as /THW/ vehicle keys and documents are also required for excess limitations to apply. All above mentioned rules are known as Excess Obligation Rules /EOR/ and this terminology will be used in the remainder of the terms.
- Damage or theft not reported until 12 hours to Selena Cars and immediately to the Police and a police report or reference number obtained;
- Loss of wipers, aerial, car emblems, mirrors, wheel-rims, rim covers, car documents, car keys;
- Any interior damages;
- Any events resulting from alcohol or drug abuse;
- Damages caused to the vehicle because of off road driving;
- Any unauthorized repairs;
- Damage caused by not using correct fuel.
- Any misuse of the vehicle not stated in that document.
In case of Lost Insurance Rights or in case of a collision/accident where the renter is responsible and proven guilty, he/she has to pay the amount of days that the vehicle is out of service, thus covering the loss of future profit. In some cases and only on the sole discretion of Selena Cars OOD might future profit be forfeit by the company thus releaving the renter of the obligation to pay some or any of the amount of days that the vehicle is out of service.
Additional charges – charges that might apply in some cases and events and are calculated in addition to the rental price :
- Airport surcharge – All vehicles collected from an airport are subject to Airport Surcharge of € 10.00 per rental.
- Delayed flights charge – In event of delayed flights, if the vehicle check-out takes place outside normal operation hours, meet late arrival surcharge of €10.00 applies. The rental period price in such case is calculated starting at the specified time of appointment and not the actual time of arrival. A grace period of 30 minutes for flight delays is allowed. For longer delays where the company schedule might be affected a transfer fee to the nearest company representative location might apply. In such cases Selena Cars Ltd. might use a partner company for the execution of the transfer.
- Out of hours charge – available on request. A charge of €10.00 applies outside working hours but no later than 00:00. From 00:00 to 07:00 a charge of €20.00 applies. For national holidays a charge of €50.00 applies.
- Delivery rates – Delivery/return in cities other than Bourgas, Sozopol, and Chernomorets are on request and subject to additional charge that may vary from € 5.00 to € 120.00. For more info check our Prices page or contact our reservations department at email@example.com or by phone at 00-359-887-236-328.
- Young/Senior driver – All drivers under the age of 25 years are considered young drivers. All drivers over the age of 65 years are considered senior drivers. A charge of €5.00 per day, not more than €40.00 per rental applies for a driver that falls in any of the above mentioned categories.
- Loss of navigation system – €100.00 fine will apply.
- Loss of car documents – €50.00 fine will apply.
- Loss of car keys – depending on car manufacturer’s pricelist.
- Loss of registration plate – €120.00 fine will apply.
- Traffic violations – in case of traffic violations the full amount of the traffic fine plus an administration fee of €20.00 apply.
- Excessively dirty vehicle – if the vehicle is returned excessively dirty a €40.00 cleaning fine will apply.
- Additional driver – €2.00 per day, max €15.00 per rental. Additional driver must meet the driver requirements stated in the general information section of the terms. There is no charge for additional driver if he/she is a family member.
- Navigation system – €2.00 per day, max €25.00 per rental.
- Snow chains – €1.00 per day, max €10.00 per rental.
- Baby seat – €2.00 per day, max €15.00 per rental. We offer three /3/ types of baby seats as follows :
- 0kg – 10kg or up to one year old baby – known as baby basket.
- 9kg – 18kg or from 1 to 4 years old – known as baby seat.
- 18kg – 36kg or from 4 years upwards – known as booster.
What personal data we process?
Personal data means any information by which an individual person can be identified.
Processing means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or on personal data sets with or without the use of automated means.
According to the requirements of Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, as amended and supplemented of Law no. 506/2004 on the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 of April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/CE, the personal data operator is required to administer safely and for the specified purposes only, the personal data you provide to us, about a member of your family or about any other person.
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our websites and at our locations. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. If you choose not to provide the information, you may not be able to use some products or services. The personal information we may collect includes:
- Data such as a copy of your driver’s license as well as your name, contact information, date of birth and emergency contact information will be requested at the time of a rental agreement when you arrive at the location set to pick up your car;
- Vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rentals, type of rental and your preferences;
- Your credit card details, online user account details, membership/corporate ID numbers, passport information;
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys or promotional offers;
- Photographs you submit of you and your driver’s license or your receipts through camera features available on some of our mobile applications and websites;
- Financial information that may be necessary to facilitate the purchase or lease of a vehicle from a Car Sales or Fleet Management location;. (Additional notices will be provided to you at the time of that transaction).
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents, Car Sales lead providers or similar providers).
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
Vehicle Operation and Location Data
Our vehicles may be equipped with a vehicle telematics system provided by the manufacturer or other (“Telematics System”). Some or all Telematics System functionality may or may not be active during rental periods. Telematics Systems may provide us with use of, disclosure of or access to (1) location information, (2) crash notification and related crash data and (3) operational condition, mileage, diagnostic and performance reporting of vehicles (“Telematics Data”), as permitted by law.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to, and Selena Cars OOD does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18 or your country’s age of minority. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is only collected when you voluntarily and knowingly accept the transmission to us.
If you submit either a form on the site or by email, a job application accompanied by CV and letter of intent, they will be directed to the Human Resources Department. The data contained in your resume will only be used for the purpose of conducting the recruitment process.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To assist the transactions that you request, such as reserving and renting motor vehicles.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your inquiry.
- To verify your identity for fraud prevention purposes. We do not store this information for any other reason.
- To contact you about a citation or claim.
- To provide you with discounts, coupons, sweepstakes, offers and other information, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. You may receive these offers in advertising via third-party sites and media properties, including on social media. You may be able to opt out of these ads by clicking on an icon in the ad or through the privacy settings in each media property.
- To assist us in providing better products and services; for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of products and services received and to help us improve our websites, facilities and services.
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers’ use of our websites, products and services, which statistics are only used to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features and functionality to you and other customers in the future.
- To protect our rights and property.
We may combine the information that you submit to us with information related to your transactions with us, such as rental location and vehicle type. We may also combine this information with data we receive about you from third parties who assist us in processing requests, maintaining our data and optimising our services.
With your consent, we utilise text messaging, known as Short Message Service (SMS), to provide any of the following: time sensitive communications related to your transaction (e.g. construction delay at airport branch), extended rental opportunities, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons, discounts, last-minute specials or loyalty and rewards information. You will have the ability to opt out of these communications by replying to the message as stated in the message.
We retain information we collect for commercially reasonable periods of time or in accordance with specific laws or policies. Information collected for a specified purpose will only be used for that purpose and, after a reasonable period of time, will no longer be actively stored when that purpose has been fulfilled. Inactive data may, however, continue to be used for statistical, marketing, archiving and other analytical purposes.
How Your Information May Be Shared
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you to our subsidiaries and Licensees for the purpose of providing the transactions you have requested and (with your consent) for marketing purposes. In addition to those stated within this Policy, Telematics Data from rental vehicles may be disclosed to, accessed by or used by Selena Cars OOD, our subsidiaries, emergency service providers, others who may assist in responding to an accident, telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data. Our affiliates and our subsidiary employees in our IT, marketing, operations and customer service divisions may use your information, as described in this Policy, including, if required by applicable law, to send you information about products and services or respond to your inquiry. We also may disclose your information to other third parties:
- when required by law or in response to legal process;
- without legal process in response to a request from law enforcement relating to a criminal investigation;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of the public;
- for administrative or technical support or other business purposes to facilitate our transactions with you (i.e. for your insurance replacement, corporate rental or through one of our partners);
- to analyse our data, conduct mobile analytics services or to maintain and improve our services (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate);
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain;
- to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or our websites’ terms and conditions;
- to assist with the administration of frequent flyer or other rewards programmes;
- to process your transaction with our subsidiaries or licensee/franchisee located in the country in which you place your reservation;
- if the rights of another individual might be violated;
- otherwise with your consent.
Personal information may also be subject to transfer to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganisation or assignment of all or part of Selena Cars’ businesses or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers (such as a payment processor to bill you for goods or services, an email provider to send email communications to you on our behalf or the provider of our live chat feature in order to offer you customer service). These service providers may be located in a country different from your country of residence. These service providers are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. However, your information may be accessible to authorities in accordance with applicable laws.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers with our advertising and marketing partners, and third-party media properties, including social media sites to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf.
We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our websites which may contain personally identifiable information. We will obtain your consent via email prior to posting the testimonial. To request the removal of your testimonial, please, contact us.
This policy was last updated on May 25, 2018.
Cookies allow a website to remember your preferences, improve the user experience and tailor the adverts you see to those that are most relevant to you. Cookies are sent back to the originating site on each subsequent visit or to another site that recognises the cookie.
We also use other forms of technology which serve a similar purpose to cookies and which allow us to monitor and improve our sites and apps. We use these in connection with cookies to help operate our websites and emails and collect information about online activity. When we talk about cookies in this Policy, this term includes these similar technologies.
- To provide you with the service you have requested. We use these cookies to enable you to move around our sites and apps and to use their features – for example, to provide secure login, remember your reservation and save volume control preferences.
- To analyze and improve your browsing experience. We use these cookies to analyse site and mobile app usage so we can measure and improve performance – for example, to make sure the website looks consistent, to gather statistics about its use and to know if you use actions in our apps such as to call Roadside Assistance or use the Contact Us function. They also allow our sites and apps to remember choices you make (such as your user name or the region you are in) and to provide you with enhanced and more personalised features
For more information on targeted advertising, including about which third parties place these cookies and to learn how to opt out of them, visit our Cookie Consent Tool.
Some newer web browsers incorporate “Do Not Track” features. Our websites may not currently respond to “Do Not Track” requests or headers from these browsers. To learn more about your options for not having this information used by certain service providers, visit Cookie Consent Tool. Opting out of this practice does not opt you out of being served advertising – you will continue to receive generic ads.
How Can You Manage Cookies?
Session cookies are used for your current browser session and will expire after you close your browser. Persistent cookies are used to enhance your experience between website visits and will remain on your computer until you delete them or until they reach their set expiry date. You always have the ability to manually delete cookies.
If you are using our content via a web browser, you can change your cookie preferences and withdraw your consent at any time using our Cookie Consent Tool. If you are using our mobile apps, you can change your preferences in the analytics settings in the app.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, although our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. To find out how to control or disable cookies within most browsers, consult the “Help” section of your browser or device or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Flash cookies to provide some content such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are managed through the Flash Player Settings Manager, which is a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. This Settings Manager lets you manage settings for global privacy, storage, security and automatic notifications. Beginning with Flash Player 10.3, the Flash Player Settings Manager can be accessed locally on your computer: in the Control Panel on Windows and in System Preferences on Mac. Users of other operating systems and earlier versions of the Flash Player should manage their global privacy settings using the Flash Player Settings Manager provided online from Adobe: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html
Data Security and Integrity
The security of the information you provide is very important to us and we try to provide secure transmission of your information. For certain transactions on some of our websites, we may use Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to secure the transfer of information. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmission over the Internet. Once we receive your information, we take steps that we believe are reasonably appropriate to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction to ensure the data’s integrity. We use a combination of technological, physical, administrative and organisational controls as well as non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements as we deem appropriate to protect your data.
If you have a user name and password for any of the features on our websites, you are responsible for keeping your password secret. You should not reveal your password to anyone. We will not ask you in an unsolicited telephone call or email for your password. In addition, you should take reasonable precautions when using a computer that is not your own or in a public setting.
Use of Google Analytics with Anonymisation Function
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereafter referred to as “Google”. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are saved on your computer and as a result enable you to analyse the use of the website.
The information generated by these cookies, such as the time, place and frequency of your website visit, including your IP address, is transmitted to and stored by Google in the United States.
We use Google Analytics on our website with the addition “_gat._anonymizeIp”.We use Google Analytics on our website with the addition “_gat._anonymizeIp”. In this case, your IP address is shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other contracting states of the European Economic Area Agreement and therefore made anonymous.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our site, compile reports on website activities for us and provide further services related to website and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on Google’s behalf.
According to its own information, Google will under no circumstances associate your IP address with other Google data. You can prevent the installation of the cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; we point out, however, that in this case it is possible that you will not be able to fully use all the features of our site.
If you have agreed that your web and app browser history may be linked by Google to your Google Account and that information from your Google Account may be used to personalize advertisements, Google will use your information together with Google Analytics data to create target group lists for cross-device remarketing. For this purpose, Google Analytics first collects your Google authenticated ID on our website, which is linked to your Google Account (i.e. personal data). Google Analytics will then temporarily link your ID with your Google Analytics data in order to optimize our target groups.
If you do not agree to this, you can turn it off by means of corresponding settings in the “My Account” section of your Google Account.
Google Tag Manager
Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps to display maps and create route maps.
Google Maps is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
By using this website, you agree to the collection, processing and use of the data which is collected automatically – as well as the data entered by you – by Google, any of its representatives or third-party providers.